NEW THIS YEAR! The Video Game Gauntlet!
Deadline for Independent Entries: Wednesday, July 5, 2017
(Brackets to be posted HERE when available)
Tournament begins at 6:00pm each day
Monday, July 17, 2017
Division 1 & 5
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
Division 3 & 4
Wednesday, July 19, 2017
Division 2 & 6
Thursday, July 20, 2017
Three Games, Combined Score, Top 6 to Finals
Four (4) Players per team (2 male & 2 female)
All teams will turn in a score for the first three games below. The Top Six (6) teams in each division will move on to compete in the fourth game, Pac-Man 256!
- Super Mario Bros.
- Each player on your team will have three (3) minutes to complete the custom “Corporate Challenge” Mario level.
- Your score will be calculated by the number of coins you collect, blocks you burst, and time it takes to complete the level.
- All four team members scores will be added together for your teams Mario Score.
- Duck Hunt
- Each player on your team will have three (3) minutes to score as many points as possible.
- Your score will be calculated by the number of ducks you hit/miss.
- All four team members scores will be added together for your teams Duck Hunt Score.
- Tetris (Co-op)
- Teams will split in half (1 male & 1 female) to participate. These two players will have 6 minutes to score as many points as possible (NO RESETS).
- The two members of the team will work together to lay tetris blocks simultaneously, on the same board. Your score will be calculated by number of blocks placed, and number of lines cleared.
- (Hint: Clearing lines in groups of 3 or 4 score higher than clearing just 1 or 2 lines).
- The scores from each half of your team will be added together for your teams Tetris Score.
- Pac-Man 256 (FINALS)
- Top six (6) team scores will move on to the finals. Each team will start with zero (0) points.
- All four members of your team will come together to play a 4-player, co-op version of Pac-Man.
- Each team will have 10 minutes to score as many points as possible. (RESETS INCLUDED)
- Your score will be calculated by the number of pellets gathered, number of ghosts eliminated, and number of bonuses gathered.
- (Hint: Gathering pellets in a row without stopping, or missing, scores higher)
- This game will include three basic powerups to be displayed, and described on-site.
- This is NOT Classic Pac-Man. CLICK HERE for a video of Pac-Man 256 Gameplay.
- In the event of a game console malfunction, the participant will be granted a re-do.
Cleveland Corporate Challenge staff members and officials reserve the right to settle any disputes, as well as interpret, modify, and enforce all Video Game Gauntlet rules, and regulations.