Deadline for Independent Entries: Wednesday, July 5, 2017
(Brackets to be posted HERE when available)
Saturday, July 15, 2017 – Tournament begins @ 9:00am
Sunday, July 16, 2017 – Tournament begins @ 9:00am
Five (5) Inning Games, Double Elimination
Eight (8) Players Per Team (4 Males & 4 Females)
- Tennis Shoes must be worn – NO CLEATS or TURF SHOES – No bare feet.
- A runner touched by the ball or who touches the ball while he or she is not on base while the ball is in play is out. (this includes the ball bouncing off the ground into the runner)
- The infield fly rule is in effect.
- There will be one extra base given on an overthrow into foul territory (umpire discretion).
- There are no restrictions regarding positions of players in the field.
- A total of 8 players may play in the field (same players in the batting order) (4 males and 4 females). You may play with a minimum of 6 players in the field (3 males and 3 females).
- A total of 8 players must be in the batting order (same players that are playing the field) (4 males and 4 females).
- If your team is reduced at any point before, or during the game, you can continue to play the field, but the player(s) absent from the batting order will be considered out. Prior to first pitch, teams may place the outs anywhere in the batting order. This will remain the batting order for the entire game.
- If you start the game with less than 8 players, you can add the additional players anytime during the game.
- The games will consist of five full innings.
- Each team will pitch to their own team. The kicker will receive three pitches and must kick one of those pitches or will be declared out.
- The kicking orders will alternate male and female.
- Re-Entry Rule – Players may substitute during the game for the same player in the batting order. There is a one re-entry rule that will be enforced. (Ex. Player A comes in for Player B, Player B can only come back in the game for Player A. Once Player B comes out of the game for the second time, he/she cannot re-enter the game)
- There will be no designated kickers.
- All kicks must be made by foot and must occur at or behind home plate. Kicks made in front of the plate will be declared foul, and counts as 1 of the 3 available pitches. (Fouls will be enforced by the umpire’s at each field)
- Bunting is not allowed. (Bunting will be enforced by the umpire’s at each field)
- You can throw the ball at a runner below the shoulder down for an out.
- Any balls thrown that hit the runner above the shoulder will result in advancement to the next base for the runner and NO OUT. If a runner is sliding, diving, or dodging and is hit above the shoulder, the runner is OUT.
- Base runners must give up or slide. If a runner tries to “run over” the fielding player, the base runner will be ejected from the tournament.
- In case of inclement weather, the game may be modified to a one pitch tournament.
- If a team is leading by 12 or more runs after 3 full innings of play, the game will be over.
After your first two rounds, game times are subjected to change. If not present at the start of your game, your game will be forfeited!
Cleveland Corporate Challenge staff members and officials reserve the right to settle any disputes, as well as interpret, modify, and enforce all kickball rules and regulations.