Deadline for Independent Entries: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
(Brackets to be posted HERE when available)
Saturday, June 10, 2017
Division 2 – James Day Park (Nike Site Park)
Division 4 – James Day Park (Nike Site Park)
Sunday, June 11, 2017
Division 5 – James Day Park (Nike Site Park)
Division 6 – James Day Park (Nike Site Park)
Independent Division – Veterans Memorial Park (State Road Park)
Saturday, June 17, 2017
Division 1 – James Day Park (Nike Site Park)
Division 3 – James Day Park (Nike Site Park)
Rain Out Makeup Date: TBD
**If either single day of the tournament is cancelled due to weather conditions and moved to the make update, a modified single elimination tournament may be implemented. If multiple days of the tournament are cancelled due to weather, there will be NO makeup date.
James Day Park (Nike Site Park)
11828 W. Pleasant Valley Road
Parma, OH 44130
Veterans Memorial Park (State Road Park)
6328 State Road
Five (5) Inning Games, Double Elimination
Ten (10) Players Per Team (5 Male & 5 Females)
- A 50 minute time limits will be enforced for each game played. No new inning may begin if time limit is reached. The time limit will begin with the first pitch. If the game is tied after 5 innings or time expires and the game is tied, a one pitch rule will be enforced.
- A total of 10 players can be on the field for the defensive team at one time (5 males and 5 females). You may play with a minimum of 8 players (4 males and 4 females). You must always play with the same number of males and females.
- There are no restrictions regarding positions of players in the field.
- A total of 10 players can be in the batting order (same players that are playing the field) (5 males and 5 females).
- If your team is reduced at any point before, or during the game, you can continue to play the field, but the player(s) absent from the batting order will be considered out. Prior to first pitch, teams may place the outs anywhere in the batting order. This will remain the batting order for the entire game.
- If you start the game with less than 10 players, you can add the two additional players anytime during the game.
- Re-Entry Rule – Players may substitute during the game for the same player in the batting order. There is a one re-entry rule that will be enforced. (Ex. Player A comes in for Player B, Player B can only come back in the game for Player A. Once Player B comes out of the game for the second time, he/she cannot re-enter the game).
- Each team will pitch to their own team. The batter will receive three pitches and must hit one of those pitches in play, or will be declared out.
- The pitcher is not in the batting lineup, unless they also play a defensive position. If the pitcher is in the batting order, another pitcher may replace him/her when he/she is up to bat.
- The batting orders must alternate male and female.
- There will be no designated hitters.
- The ball used for competition will be supplied.
- Base runners must give up or slide. If a runner tries to “run over” the fielding player, the base runner will be ejected from the game.
- In case of inclement weather, the game may be modified to a one pitch tournament and/or single elimination.
- If a team is leading by 10 or more runs after 3 full innings of play, the game will be over.
- If a team is late, they will be given exactly 10 minutes before the game is forfeited.
- A courtesy runner can be used but must be the same sex as current runner. Any player, whether in the game or not, can courtesy run. Limit is 1 total per inning.
- If the ball strikes the pitcher, the batter is out.
- NO METAL CLEATS.
- Legal Bats: Only ASA or USSSA approved bats will be allowed. Bats will be approved by umpire prior to the game.
- Only 3 Home Runs allowed per game at State Road Park. Every Home Run after 3 is an out.
A special thanks to the Parma Recreation Department!
After your first two rounds, game times are subjected to change. If not present at the start of your game, your game will be forfeited!
Cleveland Corporate Challenge staff members and officials reserve the right to settle any disputes, as well as interpret, modify, and enforce all softball rules and regulations.